Tyler and I have been so fortunate to be able to take some "adults only" trips this year. We are so thankful for that. First Puerto Rico and then - Napa! We had been to San Francisco and Sonoma for an anniversary trip about 4 years ago - when we'd just found out we were expecting twins! It was a fabulous trip, but, needless to say, I did not get to fully appreciate Sonoma. So, I made Tyler try all the wine (which he did not like at the time), while I sniffed it. Good times.
We were both able to enjoy the wine this year, in addition to beautiful weather & scenery, delicious food & quality time. It's was super relaxing and restful - just what we needed! The girls went to "Camp CocoPop" and had a great time. I heard the counselors were awesome, though I am still waiting for the camp t-shirts. ;)
One of the days we were there, we took a
Platypus Tour - which I highly recommend. The guide took us to 4 of the smaller wineries, so it wasn't as crowded & we also got to have a picnic lunch at one of them. We had a great group on the tour & our guide was super knowledgeable. I learned a ton. Wine drinking? Expected. Learning? Bonus! The second day we did our own tour and took our time.
And I have to mention our B&B, which was awesome. We stayed at the
Arbor Guest House in Napa. The owners, Dan & Candy, were so friendly & helpful. They helped us with dinner reservations, put on an awesome happy hour both nights we were there and cooked us delicious 3 course breakfasts both mornings too. Awesome. Walking distance to downtown Napa, comfy beds, fireplace in the room and cookies before bedtime? Yes, please.
 |
| We finally tried one! "Better than 5 Guys" raves Tyler. |
 |
| Enjoying his wine flight in downtown Napa |
 |
| Double fisting it at our first stop. Casa Nuestra. |
 |
| Barrel tasting! |
 |
| Our spread at Paoletti. Funny guy. |
 |
| "Catacombs" under Paoletti. He also had busts of famous people all along the walls. |
 |
| Tyler's favorite bust. :) |
 |
| Where we ate our picnic lunch |
 |
| Paoletti. He also owns a restaurant in Brentwood (CA). Fancy. |
 |
| Mmm...grapes. |
 |
| Arger-Martucci. Recommended by our lovely neighbors. Great wines! |
 |
| Frog's Leap. BEAUTIFUL. Also a working farm |
 |
| Frog's Leap |
 |
| Rocking chairs we never wanted to leave. |
 |
| Wine goggles? Ha. |
 |
| Our dream home. In the form of a winery. Frog's Leap. |
 |
| Driving back to the airport! |
No comments:
Post a Comment