The girls and I made a trip to Franklin to visit Mimi & Grandbob last month and left Tyler at home to fend for himself. :) We had a great visit filled with lots of snuggles, laughter and fun. The girls got to experience the science museum I used to go to on field trips when I was a kid - though I know it is nothing like it used to be! The planetarium is still there though, and man, did I love going to the planetarium. When they're a little older, I'm totally taking them. The girlies had a great time exploring space, playing games, driving an ambulance - how fun is it to be a kid? And how fun is it that I totally get to do what they're doing because um, "I have to"? There was even a Dance Dance Revolution game there that I totally did NOT make a fool of myself on. Other adventures? Eating out at neat restaurants, having special Mimi-prepared ice cream sundaes, after-dinner walking with Grandbob & Emmy. We really had a fun, special time.
We also got to have a great visit with Gabby while we were in town. The girls loved playing with her and looking at all her fun rabbits. They inherited Gabby's rabbit-loving gene, so were in heaven looking at her collection! They also received some fun play high heels for their birthday while they were there from 2 of Gabby's sweet friends. Oh man. Can I tell you how much they loved those? A LOT. And they got to eat some sweets while they were there too, of course!
And finally - we were able to squeeze in a visit with my dearest darlingest BFF and her kiddos on our way out of town. Lots of fun playing and having lunch and catching up. I did not get awesome pictures as you will see below, but trying to capture 1 x 3 year old, 1 x 1 year old, & 2 x 2 year old's is quite the feat, people. Kristin was much more successful than I was and I'm going to have to steal her pictures. :)
 |
| Spaghetti is way more important that posing for a picture |
 |
| Loving the new heels |
 |
| Loving the new heels & each other |
 |
| Family pic at the cool infrared wall |
 |
| You can barely see their heads. Too funny |
 |
| Future doctor? |
 |
| Silliness at lunchtime |
 |
| Totally love these girls |
 |
| Bubbles in the backyard! |
 |
| The Mimi Special |
 |
| It is clearly delicious |
 |
| My favorite picture from the trip. I got a little verklempt watching the girls walk down the street I grew up on with their Grandbob. |
 |
| I call it "Toddlers in Motion" |
No comments:
Post a Comment