Oh, Puerto Rico. Will you be mine? Tyler and I were able to take an "adults only" vacation here and fell in love with it. Thanks, Khaki & Ben, for letting us tag along on your 10th Anniversary trip and BIG thanks too, to Mimi & Grandbob, for taking such good care of our little squirts while we were away!
This was the longest both Tyler and I had both been away from the girls, and apart from crying a little bit when the plane took-off, Tyler handled it very well. Hmm? It was me who cried when we took off? Oh, right. Maybe it was. And then I watched a movie about
rescuing whales. Were they TRYING to make me have an emotional breakdown?
Moving on.
We stayed in an apartment in Old San Juan that was quite lovely - minus the air conditioner that did not work in 2 of the 3 bedrooms. Tyler and I ended up in the one room that did have it. Khaki and Ben? We owe you.
San Juan is beautiful and charming and relaxing and I would go back yesterday. We visited the birthplace of the Pina Colada. We ate mofongos & empanadas. We toured the Bacardi factory. We had delicious fish tacos from Jersey Mike's
place. We visited the Old Fort. And at the Old Fort? We sweated. We sweated much. But boy was it awesome and beautiful. We laughed. We had awesome travel companions. Mostly, we just relaxed and enjoyed.
And we
missed our girls. But we are so thankful we were able to take this trip!
 |
| First Day. First Pina Colada. Not our last. :) |
 |
| Old San Juan |
 |
| Ahhhhh |
|
 |
| Enjoying one of our free drinks at the Bacardi factory |
 |
| Tyler getting all artsy with the camera. |
 |
| Giggity. This just makes me laugh. And it's a great picture of Caty. |
|
 |
| I want to go to there. Again. |
 |
| Waiting for dinner. And by waiting, I do mean W-A-I-T-I-N-G. The scenery helped. |
|
 |
| Fort! | |
 |
| More fort |
 |
| View from our balcony. That's Ben driving down the road in our awesome Jeep rental. |
 |
| So much fun. |
|
No comments:
Post a Comment