Tuesday, September 25, 2007

The Great Bear Rescue

My husband just forwarded me this email about a bear who fell over the side of the bridge because it got scared by cars crossing the bridge. The bear caught himself and was able to pull himself up on the ledge. Authorities placed a net under the ledge, tranquilized the bear, who then fell into the net. They lowered the net, the bear woke up and out he walked. Hooray for the bear savers! Please scroll down to the end of the pics to see what Tyler wrote in the body of the email. It made me laugh out loud. Maybe it's just because I know him and can picture him saying it. I think sometimes that Tyler should have a quote of the day because the things that come out of his mouth are pretty amusing. It's one of the things I love most about him, even though it's one of the things that causes the most embarrassment on my part sometimes.
















































And here is what Tyler said about the last one: Tell me this. Why is the person taking the last photograph so close to a bear who had just been tranquilized? If I was that bear, I would eat that person.

Thanks, honey, for that interesting perspective.

Though he does have a point. When we were in Yellowstone a few years ago, there was a baby brown bear cub on the side of the road, eating grass, and people were literally about 2 feet away from it, taking pictures. Granted, it was a cute little cub, but mommy was not far behind. Did they think because they weren't in the middle of the woods, the Mama Bear wouldn't eat them alive for being so close to her baby? Maybe that's just me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hahahahaha - jo and i also just laughed outloud reading that quote. maybe it's because we can hear tyler saying that line too.