Monday, September 17, 2007

18/11


Don't worry - this is not a post about math and does not involve converting fractions into mixed numbers. You were scared, weren't you?

These 2 numbers signify the mileage I covered, respectively, on Saturday and Sunday. And this isn't even as far as I was supposed to walk. I was supposed to walk 15 on Sunday. Yeah, my legs didn't get that memo and decided to go on strike at about mile 10. After a little pep talk, I managed to get one more mile out of them in order to get home and not be stranded on the Silver Comet Trail. Good times.

I'm a little discouraged that this was only 29 miles in 2 days and I actually have to walk 60 in 3. Something's not quite adding up. Here's what I'm hoping. The walking will be a bit more spread out during the actual event rather than me busting a move trying to get it done in the fastest time possible, thus leading to the feeling that I have dislocated my left hip. The adrenaline pumping and encouragement of other people being around me will also help, so I am not solely relying on Peaches and Herb's "Shake Your Groove Thing" to help me go those last few miles. This is what I'm hoping.

But apart from the end result of bathing in a vat of Myoflex and feeling like I broke myself, the awesome thing about this weekend was the weather. It was such a beautiful weekend and that really did motivate me. Fall is in the air everyone, and I, for one, cannot WAIT. For a lot of the miles I walked, I thanked God for the beautiful sunshine, slight breeze, fall smell, and general gorgeousness of His creation. It really was more of a blessing than a curse to have walked all those miles this weekend. Hooray for fall!

No comments: