Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Veronica Mars


Something you should know about me is that I love television. I work in it, I have entirely too many shows and my brain is probably rotting away, but I can't help myself. So this blog will probably end up containing alot about television. But I digress.


One of my favorite shows, I venture to say that it's my favorite, is Veronica Mars. If you haven't watched this - immediately Netflix the first season - it is some of the best tv you'll ever watch. That and the first season of Lost. But I digress again. So after the long holiday hiatus, it finally came back last night in all it's glory. And I was not disappointed. I mean, the writing is just consistently smart, funny and just plain great. However, getting in the way of my enjoyment of said tv show is this nagging knowledge I have in the back of my head that I acquired yesterday while reading EOnline, or some such website. My favorite show is being pulled off the air in March (it will be back) to make room for, get ready for this, it's going to get it's own line:


The Pussycat Dolls Present: The Search for the Next Doll


I'll just let that sink in for a minute.


Seriously? My favorite show is being replaced by a reality show about the search for the next girl who can prance around the stage in stilletos and hot pants. Now, I'm not hating on the Pussycat Dolls - there is obviously an audience for them as evidenced by their move into popular music. But do we really need a reality show about it? And sadly, it will probably do better in ratings than Veronica Mars, because clearly, America loves reality television. I admit I watch American Idol - but if I had to choose between it and Veronica, well, Veronica wins hands down.


All I'll say is that if Veronica gets cancelled or moved to a bad time slot because of this stupid reality show, heads at the CW will roll. That's right - I can make it happen. Okay, maybe not, but I am going to be so upset. I hearby declare war on reality television.

3 comments:

Michelle Taft said...

i have four tivo's and have never seen veronica mars. sounds like i have been missing out.

Jen said...

Um, what? 4 tivos and no VM? That is completely unacceptable. One of the best shows on TV. Season 1 = AWESOME.

Michelle Taft said...

I would totally watch it before I would watch anything about the Pussycat Dolls.