Saturday, January 6, 2007

Namaste


This is what we say at the end of every one of my yoga classes that I have been taking for a little less than a year now. It's an hour of much needed peace in my day and I love it. I always feel like a new person when I walk out of there and about 10 feet taller too. I'm slowly getting some of my flexibility back and it's made me much more aware of my body and each individual muscle and joint. I'm much more aware when something is off now. It's pretty cool. And one of my new favorite smells is burning sage - it immediately makes me feel calm.

I wish I was able to go more often to this class. Work gets so busy and I often feel like I don't have the time. I think I need to make a point though of carving out the time. Things will not collapse at work if I am not there for an hour. I just need to keep telling myself this. My instructor talks about how important it is to make time for yourself, so perhaps I will make this one of my New Year's resolutions. Can you make New Year's resolutions after the New Year has already started? I'll just call it a resolution, minus the New Year's.

Also, I just found out a friend of mine who takes this class with me just realized we were saying "Namaste" at the end of class and not "Have a nice day." I laughed long and hard about that one. This is the same friend who also thought the Beatles song "Can't Buy Me Love" really said "Cat Puppy Love". I get a lot of laughs courtesy of her.

2 comments:

Michelle Taft said...

you rock for doing yoga! just don't let it take away from your first priority of blogging.

Jen said...

Perish the thought that yoga would interfere with blogging. Or work for that matter. :)