Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Charleston

This is my new favorite city. My husband and I went there for our 3 year anniversary this past weekend. What an awesome place - charming, romantic, peaceful, clean air (which I appreciate living in Atlanta). And so much history - we went to a church on Sunday morning where George Washington went on a visit to Charleston in 17something. Crazy. Delicious food, great shopping. Of course, I think you might have to be a bazillionaire to live there, but it's fun to dream. We asked our tour guide on a walking tour we took how much property was and he pointed to a bed and breakfast across the street that was on the market for 5.5 million dollars. Right. We're only a few mil short, otherwise we totally would have gotten it. Ha. That's another good thing too - we were the only 2 people on this tour - advantage of going in the off season! And it was in the 70's during the day pretty much the whole time we were there. Which is weird in January, but I wasn't complaining. We stayed in a great little inn that gave us free breakfast and wine & cheese in the afternoon and had a cute little courtyard. We walked all over the place, down cobblestone streets, along the battery, oohed and aahed over the architechture and the horse & carriages. It was just really a fun, refreshing place to be and we didn't want to come home. If we'd had our dog with us, we really might have stayed! So, in conclusion, I heart Charleston.

No comments: