Tuesday, January 2, 2007

A good book


You can't be over-booked. Only under-read.

That's a quote from someone who's name escapes me right now, but so true, especially for me. I love to read. Like nerdily, obsessively so sometimes. Case in point: I just finished the book The Other Boleyn Girl. Excellent book. As a friend of mine put it, it is "royal smut." 700ish pages of historical intrigue, backstabbing, betrayal, love, lust - it's good stuff, people. So I devoured this book. I carried it with me in the car, neglected laundry, ignored my husband (who loves me despite being a book nerd) and pretty much read the book like it was my job. This isn't even one of my favorite books and I acted like this. I think I have a problem.

Books are a great way to escape and get lost in a completely different world. I'm always sad when I finish one because I have to leave the characters behind. Which doesn't really explain why I read them so fast, because you'd think I'd want it to last as long as possible. One of my lifetime goals is to write a book one day. About what? I have no idea. It's so intimidating and exciting to think about though. But it combines 2 of my loves - reading and writing, so I figure, why not? However, I do not think it will be a 700 page work of historical fiction.

2 comments:

Michelle Taft said...

whoohoo! welcome to the blog world with big open arms!

jenny said...

jen! hey, it's the other jen(ny). brenda showed me your blog. i JUST had to tell you that the other boleyn girl was one of my favorite books i read last year. i was literally reading it at stop lights and in the bathtub. did you know a movie is coming out this year? http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0467200/
i'm SOOO excited about it. i'm reading the constant princess right now and it's darn good, too.