Monday, May 6, 2013
Saying Goodbye
It's been a long time, I know. It's been a hard time. I lost a precious friend in February - 2 days after I last posted actually - and have just not felt like writing. Oh, I've journaled about it quite a bit, because writing is a good release and cathartic and easier than talking sometimes - but there's something different about writing about it on a blog, you know? But I felt like I wanted and needed to write something. So I will just say, I miss my friend. She was precious to me and to my family and we miss her so much. Tracy was one of the best people I knew - one I looked to for advice, encouragement and who was always willing to provide both. She had a tender heart, a generous spirit, an outlook on life that not many people do. She touched my life and her legacy will be carried on in her amazing daughter and by all of the many people who loved her. A woman of great faith in her Savior, I know she is at peace, but it is so hard for those of us left behind. A quote that our minister uses every Sunday comes to my mind - "Love in your heart isn't put there to stay. Love isn't love until you give it away." She gave it away every day. And I was so blessed to be one of the recipients of it. Goodbye, my friend. I love you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Jen,
I am so very sorry to hear about your friend. I believe I met her at your house once, and she seemed like a wonderful person. I will keep your family and hers in my prayers.
Love,
Mandi
Hugs
Tracy was a very kind, sweet lady who was dedicated to her daughter and husband. She was a great friend to you. I know she loved you dearly and thought of you the same you think of her. I am glad to have known her. She will definitely be missed!
Sweet Jennifer - I am so proud that you have been able to finally write this special blog. Tracy was such a beautiful and sweet person and just a wonderful mother. She was always special to me because I know that in my absence, she was always there to offer you maternal, as well as friendly, advice. I felt peace knowing she was next door for you and that you were always there for her as the two of you traveled the road of motherhood together. Her picture is as beautiful and sweet as I remember Tracy and Dad and I will always hold a special place in our hearts for her.
Jen,
I'm glad you were able to write this lovely tribute to your friend. It cannot have been easy. I have missed your entries, and when you are ready, I look forward to more stories about your adventures.
Much love,
Al
What a beautiful tribute! I pray that peace and healing will replace the pain and heartache. “Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted." Matthew 5:4 Love you, Betty
Post a Comment