Saturday, May 18, 2013

Time to make the Cookies!

Back to Christmas - I know.  It's totally ridiculous that it's May and I'm still on Christmas.  Hopefully I can get back on track soon!

So, it's totally fun creating traditions - you can't tell I think that yet, can you?  I loved them growing up and I want my girlies to have that too.  Or maybe I'll just listen to them say "Again, Mom??!!  Why do we have to make cookies AGAIN?!"  :)

We had a great time making them together this year.  They both did an excellent job rolling out the dough and cutting them out.  Then they waited oh-so-patiently for them to bake.  They actually did, which was a pleasant surprise!  They did, however, want to eat them immediately, but managed to hold off until we could decorate them with our friends.

Kate is a minimalist with the frosting and was way more interested in eating them with the hot chocolate we had made in the crock pot.  Elle was the opposite and was a decorating machine!  Very heavy-handed with the frosting.  :)  We listened to Christmas music, decorated and then had cookies & hot chocolate.  They had a great time with their friends and throughout the whole process! 

Rolling out the dough

Elle's turn

Patiently waiting for the cookies to bake


Not as patiently waiting for their friends to arrive!

Cookie Decorating Central





Love the cheeks in this picture!

Caroline hard at work!

Ella getting some ideas from across the table

Getting the wiggles out after decorating

May I help you?  I'm busy having hot chocolate.

Drained it!

Like I said - Elle was a machine!  A 2 plate effort

Kate's simple yet festive creations


We also made cornflake Christmas wreaths during Christmas.  I remember loving them when my Gabby made them, so these were sweet, nostalgic treats for me.  And the girls thought they were fun and delicious!

I couldn't find Kate, so Gloria the dog helped out.

Fun adding the "berries" aka red hots


No comments: