Thursday, May 3, 2012

Berry Pickin'

The girls & I had fun picking strawberries this week with some good friends and some new friends.  They probably don't want to hear me ask them if they want a strawberry for a while, but heavens, were those strawberries delicious.  The remaining ones are in the form of muffins made with the assistance of my super helpers and some frozen for later.  Something nice about picking your fruit from a nearby farm.  The girls had an excellent time sleuthing out the ripe red strawberries amidst the unripe green ones.  I can't tell you how many times I heard "THIS one is ready!  THIS one is ready!" Elle was deemed master berry picker and Kate wanted me to carry her approximately 5 minutes into the picking.  :)  To her credit though, it was dang hot and after we discovered the fire ants, I would have wanted to be carried too!  Nothing a little water & snack couldn't fix!



Strawberry picking requires intense concentration.



Hard at work

This was about 2 seconds before she was done and ready to be carried!

The group shot attempt

1 comment:

Kristin Porter said...

What a fun event! I love all your creative field trips.