Sunday, October 30, 2011

It's Cookie Time!

Tell me the name of the movie the blog title goes with and you win 7276 Dojo points!  A box of them would be so nice...

But seriously - the girls and I made cookies the other day!  We've made cookies before, but never the cut-out variety, so it was a new experiment.  I thought I'd practice in preparation for some Christmas cookie making.  Thank you $1 bin at Target, for making our "fall" cookie-making experience possible!

I'd say the girls had a great time, as they are still talking about "painting cookies."  I was a little control freakish about letting them cut them out because the concept of "gentle" is still not completely understood and cookie dough is not so forgiving to little toddler hands!  I think next time, I may make the cookies ahead of time and then just let them go crazy with the icing.  That, or take a chill pill.

Hopefully, they will remember painting leaves & turkeys & owls this fall instead of the fact that I totally forgot to get a pumpkin to carve for Halloween!!  Oops.


Kate loved pushing down on the cookie cutters.

Elle liked picking up the cookie cutters to see her creation.

Funny side note: Elle calls the legos she's holding ice cream.  Chocolate ice cream, to be exact.

In answer to your question - Yes, it is very important to wear your backpack while decorating cookies.

The finished products!



1 comment:

Mandi said...

Troop Beverly Hills! Love that movie...used to rent it all the time. The girls did a great job with the cookies!