Sunday, July 17, 2011

The 4th of July: Starring Janey Glenn & Tina Sparkle

If you get the movie references in the title of this post, you win 4,721 Dojo points and a slumber party. 

We went to Mimi & Grandbob's house for the long 4th of July weekend and had a lovely time with them!  We had fun walking around Leiper's Fork, eating tasty burgers in downtown Franklin, lunching with Gabby, dinner-ing (yes, i just invented a word) with The Porters and other fun stuff. 

As most of my extensive network of readers (read: approx. 5) know, I was all about dance for a majority of my formative years.  Ballet?  Beautiful.  Jazz?  Fabulous.  Tap?  I miss you.  So You Think You Can Dance?  Thank you for coming into my life 6 years ago. 

But I digress.  Because of the aforementioned love of dance and 11 or so years of performing - I have A LOT of dance costumes that my parents have thankfully saved despite the ginormous boxes they've had to keep for all these years.  It's starting to pay off, Mimi & Grandbob!  The girls found some sparkly leg warmers and were ALL.  ABOUT.  THEM.  Not just on their legs, but on their arms too.  Most of the costumes are still way too big for them, but these were a nice jumping off point for what I'm sure will be many more visits involving tulle, sequins and spandex.  And in-home recitals.  Warms a mother's heart.

I don't really think the pictures capture the hilarity of seeing them walking around with leg warmers, but I must post for posterity's sake.

First, we started with the fashionable "one leg" look.

Then we moved directly into both legs with a Dora backpack. 
Just found out she's going to be a regular on DTV.* 

Taking a break to read with Grandbob.


If you think she looks like Ronald McDonald, it's okay.  I do too.

Pooped from all the dancing, now it's snuggle time!   
*Please excuse my frequent, sometimes obscure movie references.  I'm seeking help. 

3 comments:

Brenda Albright said...

No joke - I just watched Girls Just Want to Have Fun this afternoon! That is too funny! Love the leg warmer look on the girls! Classic.

Kristin Porter said...

Love it! And especially love the "Ronald McDonald" comment - too funny!

Anonymous said...

....thought it was time to catch up with your blog. I'm glad I did!
Of course the photos are wonderful. Hard to pick out my fav. but I did like all the ones from Easter. The family going to church was very special. So glad you have that one to frame.
"Kathy B" (from NBA)