Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Art!

The girls have recently added a fun new weekly activity to their repertoire - Art Wednesdays!

Wow - I really need to come up with a better name for that.  Especially since it's mostly been on Thursdays so far. 

Not only do they get to hang out with their cool friend, Campbell - they also get to make a mess.  Win/Win!  Unless you're Kate - and then maybe the mess part isn't the most appealing aspect of art.  I'd been wanting to start doing fun projects with them, but I am neither artsy nor crafty, so I've been dragging my heels on it.  So, when my friend Jessica suggested that our girls do weekly art projects together?  DONE.  I love having teachers as friends.  They're way more motivated than I am sometimes.  :)

So far, we've made fun Father's Day canvases for the daddies, written our names in glitter and glue and used tissue paper and water to make a fun watercolor-esque painting.  I, of course, forgot to take pictures at any of these fun events, but thank goodness for Jessica's iPhone, which captured the below pictures from our last project at our house. 

Sidenote:  the iPhone will be mine one day.  Oh yes.  It will be mine.

Campbell loves to get her art on and her project turned out the best as she was all about saturating the tissue paper.  Kate was more of a dabber/sucking the water off the paintbrush-er.  And Elle was very focused on her work until she was done and then she made like a tree and got out of there.

PS:  has anyone else heard of bleeding tissue paper?  Me either.  Thanks for the suggestion, Disney Family Fun website!

I'm looking forward to more fun art projects with the girls and will try to post some of their best works.  Their portfolios, if you will. 

What's that?  Are Elle & Kate still in their pajamas?  Yes.  Because that's how we roll. 

Kate & Campbell having a jolly old time, while Elle The Loner chills with me.

Toddler Art at it's finest.

Yep, Elle has Bieber hair.

The finished products!  A watercolor/Rorshach hybrid.  It's way existential.  Kate's on top, Elle's on the bottom.

No comments: