Saturday, March 5, 2011

18 Months

A year and a half.  6 months away from being 2.  Turning into little girls more and more each day and inching slowly away from being babies.   Simultaneously heartbreaking and astounding.   My BABIES are growing up!

I am constantly amazed, exhausted, overjoyed, blessed, slap-my-knee entertained by these two unbelievably hilarious, strikingly different little people.  They keep me on my toes (did I mention exhausted?) and on my knees each and every day.  I am so so very thankful to have them in my life and alternate between wishing I could freeze time, praying some days would never end and wishing that some would!  But mostly the first two.  :)

These two rascals have personalities that have really blossomed over the past several months and are having endless amounts of fun exercising their independence.

Here are some highlights and vital stats:

KATE
She is a mama's girl who looks just like her daddy.  She spends all day saying "Dada" and as soon as he gets home, promptly reaches for me and hides her face.  This, of course, lasts for all of 2 minutes when she realizes again how awesome he is.  She still loves her thumb and her bunny and has recently starting blabbering SO MUCH.  It's the cutest thing - I just wish I could understand her.  She has the cutest round belly that she likes to stick out as she walks around the house, swinging her arms and pursing her lips.  So funny.  She is so loving and sweet and has started giving the best arms wide open hugs.  No one can make her laugh like her Daddy, who she takes after not only in her looks, but her sense of humor as well.  She giggles when she burps.  She loves to stack cups, line things up and collect leaves, rocks (anything really).  If she turns out to be a math genius, Tyler and I are in trouble.  Hi, Liberal Arts majors.  She cuts her eyes at you in the funniest way, kind of like "What are you looking at?" and then will cackle about it.  She's a homebody, and yet a social butterfly once you get her out.  She makes me laugh so much with her quirks,  and melts me with her sweetness.

Height:  31 1/2 inches
Weight:  24 lbs 10 oz

ELLE












 She is the older sister who takes herself seriously, cherishes her independence and loves fiercely.  As you've seen before on the blog, she enjoys playing the harmonica.  She is also a fan of dancing, which she does by bouncing up and down, throwing her hands up in the air and spinning in a circle.  She (and Kate) has recently discovered how fun it is to stand on my feet while I dance.  She continues to love books.  And also, when it's on, loves TV like her Mama.  She and Kate both love Dora the Explorer and "backpack" is a recently acquired word thanks to our little Spanish friend.  She gets so excited & happy in the morning when we come into their room - it's like "OH MY GOSH!  It's you guys!  I love you!  You're here!"  So cute.  She loves to give Lily her treat when she comes in from outside and pets her sweetly when she walks by.  She says "Poo" now because she knows I think it's hysterical.  I know, I shouldn't encourage it.  She will randomly come up and just lay her head on your shoulder and give the sweetest hugs.  She is passionate, kind, thoughtful and I could squeeze her to pieces.

Height:  32 1/4 inches
Weight:  24 lbs 14 oz

I am so thankful to be with these two each day.  A special shout out to their Daddy for making that possible.  They teach me daily, challenge me hourly and make me a better person every minute of every day.  Darling girls, I love you so.

No comments: