Friday, April 23, 2010

Happy Birthday to ME!

If you know me, you know I love my birthday.  LOVE.  IT.  However, being a mom has made it a bit different.  I wasn't quite as all about me this year.  Usually I start reminding Tyler about a week in advance with comments such as "Guess what's in 7 days??" or "Guess what's in 6 days and 23 hours?"  You could construe this as annoying.  And you would be absolutely correct.  It provides days and days of fun for me though.   This year, I didn't even think to provide my normal running commentary.  And Tyler is probably thanking the sweet Lord.  However, it was probably one of the best birthdays I've ever had.

It involved a massage.  And margaritas.  And friends.  And a movie.  And crying.  But the good kind of crying.

Tyler The girls surprised me on Friday morning with a card saying they had begged Daddy to stay home for my birthday and he just couldn't say no to them.  Cue crying mommy.  Also cue slightly uncomfortable Daddy who wasn't expecting such a reaction.  I really was so surprised and excited that we were all going to get to spend the day together.  After I recovered from my blubbering, we had a lovely day.  We didn't do anything out of the ordinary - just spent time together and it was great! 

And now I'd like to give a special shout out to my sisters-in-law, who are super extra awesome and gave me a massage for my birthday last year.  Here comes the part where I tell them that I just redeemed said massage for my 31st birthday, instead of my 30th.  *Insert sheepish grin here*.  But let me tell you all, it was wonderful.  Fabulous.  Out of this world relaxing.  Thank you SO much.  I think I died and went to heaven several times.

And then Bone Garden for dinner with my homies Brenda, Jo and sweet Charlotte.  I love that place.  It is ever so delicious.  Thanks, guys, for celebrating with us!  And thank you, Jo, for introducing Tyler to his new best friend, the iPad.  I think he wants to keep it and love it and call it George.  Or something like that. 

And then I got to go see a movie on Sunday with aforementioned friend, Brenda.  If you know me, you also know I love to go see movies.  Something that happens quite infrequently these days!  We went to see Date Night.  I think I snorted a few times during it.  Also, please ask Brenda how excited I was to go to California Pizza Kitchen for lunch beforehand.  It was a little sad.  BBQ Chicken Chopped Salad with avocado?  Yes, please.

All this to say, a great first birthday as a mom!  Time spent with my girls, my guy, my friends.  This birthday gets 2 big fat thumbs up.

No comments: