Our girls were baptized on Sunday, March 21st. It was a special time for Tyler and I, surrounded by a whirlwind of activity. We were so happy to share it with our family and friends. Most importantly, it was a sweet and completely overwhelming feeling to promise to raise our precious daughters to love the Lord with all their heart, mind and soul. I mean, you just say a few "I do's" and "I will's", but it's a really huge, important, sacred promise to make. To stop and think about it is both frightening and exhilarating.
Kate & Elle did SO well with all the festivities and visitors. They are such sweet, charming little babies. Yes, I know all parents say that. But it's REALLY true when I say it. ...she says as she listens to them revolt against naptime over the monitor...
I have watched our minister baptize babies for the 5 years we have been attending our church and have always loved how sweet and personal he makes it - to have our girls baptized by Dr. Gil was such a blessing. Elle even got baptized twice! Once as "Emerson" and once as "Ellerson". Does that make her extra holy now? :) They were both angels for the baptism and I must say I was impressed with Dr. Gil's control as Kate tried to jump out of his arms as he walked them down the aisle.
We had a little get together at our house afterwards which was lots of fun. We really are blessed with the greatest family and friends in the world. To be surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses as we raise these girls is truly wonderful.
And last but not least, I have to tell a sweet story about Tyler (don't worry honey - it's not embarrassing). When we were getting ready to walk down the aisle of the church to sit down, "Canon in D", a.k.a the wedding song, started playing. Tyler froze and said "I do NOT want to walk my daughters down the aisle to this song. I can't do it." To say he loves his girls with all his heart is an understatement. To watch him with them when he doesn't think I'm looking is a precious snapshot of a father's love for his baby girls. I know he doesn't want to ever have to give them away. For now, at least, he doesn't have to worry about that. These girls will grow up, just like I did, knowing every day how much their Daddy loves them.
(Tyler, you may stop nervously giggling now.)
Here are some pictures from the festivities:
The Burns' Family. Elle clearly thinks she has better things to do.
Our church made these banners for the girls that we got to keep. Sweet!
Elle & Mimi enjoying the "after party".
The girls love them some Aunt Khaki.
I like to call this one "Pooped on Papa." You know, because Kate's tired. Not because she actually pooped on him. Because that would be gross. A definite possibility, but gross nonetheless.
And finally, I think this might be one of my favorite pictures ever. Kate thinks her GGM (Great Grandmother) is HILARIOUS. Love it. Seriously love it.
And finally, on a completely unrelated note - if anyone knows how to properly caption pictures on blogger, I would gladly welcome the tutorial. Everytime I try, no matter where I try, the spacing is always weird. It REALLY annoys the orderly, organizational side of me, however small that side may be. :)



1 comment:
what a wonderful day! and great photos {you look fabulous!}.
on the captioning thing, drives me nuts too, so i just always throw my captions underneath. when i upload, under the 'choose layout' area, i always pick 'none.' that keeps the wording from flowing around it all. but you probably already know that. :)
Post a Comment