Friday, March 5, 2010

6 Months

I can't believe my girls are 6 months old.  It's been half a year since since we were at the hospital, getting ready to meet them for the first time.  I must admit, I got a little nostalgic watching The Office last night as Jim and Pam had their baby.  Did anyone else get a little teary when Jim got a little teary when he found out it was a girl?

Me either.

Leave it to me to compare a milestone to a television show.

These girls are such sweet, cute, precious blessings.  They have such wonderful little personalities and I'm so enjoying watching them grow and interact.  Yes, I have my crazy mom days still, but overall, I wouldn't trade being here with them for the world.

And now, the 6 month stats:

Kate
Weight:  16 lbs 7.6 oz
Height:  26 in

 Elle
Weight:  16 lbs 11.3 oz
Height:  26.5 in

Elle was great at the doctor - she was laughing and smiling at all the nurses and the doctor.  She is my independent diva-licious baby girl.  She is very outspoken and very busy at home and will let me know if she is unhappy.  Her laugh is the greatest sound and it's one I'm blessed to hear frequently.  Which helps to balance out her "diva" side when Mommy is getting a little frustrated.  Usually when we are out, I get a lot of "She's so serious!" comments.  She is very observant and likes to sit back and take in her surroundings before she warms up to people/places.

Kate, apparently, knew exactly where she was as soon as we walked in the doctor's office.  She started looking around and then looked at me with big wide eyes like "What have I done to deserve this wretched betrayal?".  And then she stuck her lower lip out and promptly burst into tears.  It might have been the saddest meltdown I've ever seen.  She wouldn't let me put her down the rest of the visit.  She is my sweet, cuddly, sensitive little baby girl.  She has the sweetest smile I've ever seen and a precious disposition.  I call her my little nutter butter, because she is so sweet, but with a hint of nuttiness (like her daddy).

Here are a few of their latest pics...















Please excuse Elle.  She's extremely camera shy.















New Olympic sport:  Synchronized Toe Eating.















Mom, your flash photography is wearing me out.















Deer.....headlights...

2 comments:

Mandi said...

Great pictures! Can't believe they're already 6 months! Love the synchronized toe eating!!

Kristin Porter said...

How sweet - I can't believe my "nieces" are 6 months old!! My, how the time flies and it is about to start going even faster for you. The synchronized toe eating is so precious and hilarious. I too got teary eyed with Jim and Pam...it is amazing the things that make you teary once you are a Mommy!