Monday, August 31, 2009

Wonder Twin Powers - Activate!

I can hardly believe our girls' are almost here! In one week and one day, if they haven't decided to come on their own yet, we'll be meeting them for the very first time. I can't really wrap my head around it. We are both so excited and also so nervous at the same time. Or maybe I'm a little more nervous. Unless Tyler just hides it really well. :)

I totally had a dream last night that I forgot about one of the babies while I was feeding the other and then I couldn't remember which one I fed. Let's hope this dream does not come true or heaven help us.

I'm currently 36 weeks and 4 days and the girls' are weighing in at 5 lbs 12 oz and 6 lbs even. Those measurements of course could be off, but apparently we're going to have some big twins! Everything is looking good in the ultrasounds and they are definitely kicking around in there. Mostly on my bladder, which is really awesome.

Tyler has been working like a champ around the house trying to get everything as ready as we can for them. He's working like a champ at his actual place of employment too, so I know he is so tired, but he just trucks right along and has been the greatest through all this. If only he would stop talking in weird pitched voices to the girls' so they will actually recognize his voice when they come out. He sounds a little like a drag queen sometimes, which I must say is infinitely amusing to me.

So all this to say - babies' arrival is just around the corner and here's hoping we have some semblance of a clue as to what to do when they get here! Regardless, we can't wait to meet them.

3 comments:

Mandi said...

Yay! Can't wait! You'll be great parents!

Kristin Porter said...

Whoo hoo! The Porters are super excited about the arrival of the Burns girls in one week! I also look forward to hearing Tyler's drag queen voice. :)

Brenda Albright said...

YAY!! New blog AND new babies!!! Team Albright can't wait to meet the Burns girls!! T-minus 6 days and counting.

If I ask nicely, will Tbear do the drag queen voice for me?