We had a great time, apart from the 34-17 loss and Tyler's losing battle with car sickness. Or, I guess I should say, van sickness. The drive up was lovely - West Virginia in the fall is beautiful.
This is New River Gorge. Isn't it pretty?We stayed in a little town called Shinnston on the way - it's about 40 minutes outside Morgantown. Lots of fresh air, beautiful countryside and even a pet cow.

This is Sharlyn. She likes grass, head scratches, and long walks in the pasture.

This is where we stayed in Shinnston. Can't you just taste the fresh air?
And we did actually go to a football game, so I GUESS I should post some pictures from that. As much as I'd like to forget it.

Smiles before the game. Poor saps. We had no idea what was about to happen.

I think this must have been the first half, since everyone is still smiling. Or maybe they're just putting on a brave face. Oh look, Tyler's trying to get in the picture. Ham.

West Virginia has a lovely stadium, though. And some cold weather. And a fast offense.
On the way home, we stopped in Jonesboro, the oldest town in Tennessee. What a great little town. Very Southern Living.


No comments:
Post a Comment