However - there is one sparkling oasis in this hot, humid, tv show-less time of year. And it, my friends, is called: So You Think You Can Dance!
That's right - I admit it. I LOVE this show. I get excited when I hear the theme music. I can't wait to see the next Wade Robson dance. Will the breaker be able to ballroom dance? Can the contemporary dancers bring the funk to hip hop choreography? What will Cat Deely wear this week? It's television GOLD people!
So last night, they picked the top 20. And I must say, I was kind of disappointed that they didn't make the Vegas auditions last a little longer this year. I feel like I didn't get to see enough dancing or enough of the competitors. Mia Michaels KILLED some of those dancers last night with her contemporary piece - they were running on fumes, but still. Her choreography is ridiculous - and I mean that in a good way. My favorite dance ever was her park bench routine from Season 2. I might have cried a little bit.
Part of the fun of watching this show is watching it with Tyler. He DOES NOT get the contemporary dances and I love them. He's convinced he could do them just as well as the dancers on the show because really, all they're doing is "rolling around on the floor". I would advise you to ask Tyler to show you his contemporary piece to the "ER" theme song and then judge for yourselves who is more talented.
These dancers are amazing and so fun to watch. It's a million times better than American Idol, with the added bonus of not having to watch them gaze awkwardly into the camera.
One thing I don't like about the show? Mary Murphy's screaming. Seriously.
1 comment:
so I guess it is official, 4th of July at our house! Homemade icecream, grilling, fireworks and Swimming! Please tell your parents to come and spend the night if they want! Gabs is welcome too! can't wait to see you!
Post a Comment