Vacation this summer was to Hilton Head, SC for a week. I haven't been in forever, but we used to take family vacations there when I was younger, so it was nice to go back! Tyler and I went with my parents - who were going for a wedding anyway, which we in turn managed to get invited to as well and so we turned it into vacation. Score!We stayed in Sea Pines, close to Harbour Town, where the big red and white lighthouse is. We had a lovely, relaxing time. We rented bikes and rode all around - GREAT bike paths, and it was nice to ride to get some breeze going because it was HOT down there. We also rented kayaks and went on a tour through the sound. That was fun, but I need to brush up on my kayaking skills, which, up until that point, had been, well, none. But after plowing into numerous people and not being able to remember how to go left and right, I finally got the hang of towards the end of the trip. Of course. I'll just have to practice some on the 'Hooch here in Atlanta. Tyler and my dad, however, were pro's at it.

Me, making sure I have a wide area all to myself, so as not to run into or otherwise annoy the other kayakers.

Dad, laid back, resting from his effortless paddling and kayak manuevering. Show off.

At the beach - yes, we probably are the 2 whitest people there. And combined, I think we have more freckles than stars in the sky. And Tyler, before you yell at me for posting a picture of you at the beach, please note that per our agreement, it is not a full length shot. Thank you very much.
It was so nice to have a week off work and to spend time with the folks - who I don't get to see that often and miss terribly. I was able to read 2 books while we were there, which was awesome, as I am a total book nerd. And I discovered the deliciousness that is Blueberry Cobbler Coffeemate Creamer - thanks Mom! I know, it sounds gross, but try it, it's deceptively delicious.
And with that, we come to the end of the trips planned for this year. It's kind of sad, but also nice to know we'll be home for a while! I do love looking forward to vacation though - so now I will get excited about our 4th of July trip to Huntsville to see Tyler's family. Hooray for swimming pools and fireworks!
No comments:
Post a Comment