
My husband and I just got back from a trip to Ireland with his parents - I highly recommend it. It was a beautiful, relaxing, wonderful trip! I also highly recommend taking 2 weeks off work if you can - it's awesome.
We flew into Dublin and then just made a circle around the country - staying in Galway, Dingle, Killarney and then back to Dublin. My favorite part was Dingle town, with the Connemara region north of Galway coming in at a close second. The coast in Dingle was absolutely gorgeous and the mountains and valleys in the Connemara region were breathtaking.
The food was not as bad as I'd heard/feared it would be. It's all just very heavy. I ate a lot of vegetable soup over there and their Irish brown soda bread is so delicious. I need to find a recipe for it to see if I can even come close to making it at home. But yes, you get kinda tired of fish and chips after a while and we did eat Subway one night we were there. That was the best darn Spicy Italian I've ever had I think. Oh, and the Guinness. Oh the Guinness. It's so delicious over there. Tyler was in heaven - ha!
The driving was also quite an experience - or I guess I should say being a passenger was. I didn't actually drive, but I almost had several heart attacks on the narrow roads with oncoming traffic zooming past on one side and a hard, unforgiving rock wall on the other! It really was insane to see semi trucks, flying down the road at about 120 km per hour, driver talking on his cellphone. And this wasn't an interstate. It was about the size of a one way street over here and it was in the middle of the country. And being on the opposite side of the road didn't help either - but I must give props to Tyler and his dad for being champs about the driving. Well done, Burns men!
So anyway, we had an amazing time and wish we could have stayed longer!
No comments:
Post a Comment