
I got tagged by a fellow blogger to do this, so here goes nothing. By the way, this is my first tag - thanks Jenny! I feel like I'm in the cool crowd of bloggers or something. Anyways, I'm supposed to list my top 5 favorite restaurants in the A-T-L. This is hard, because I love food and I have lots of favorite things to eat at lots of different places. But here is what I've come up with. PS - I have no idea who the man in this picture is, but boy does he look like he's having fun with that ladle.
1.) MF Sushi - don't laugh. It stands for Magic Fingers, though my always amusing husband likes think the MF stands for something else. I think you can guess what. Anyway, I love this restaurant for personal and gastronomic reasons. This is the restaurant my husband and I ate at the night he proposed to me. Awww. And also, the sushi is MF'ing good! We just went back again this past Saturday and again, were not disappointed. If you like sushi (or even if you don't - this is an excellent place to try it for the first time) - there is nothing better, fresher or prettier in Atlanta.
2.) U.S. Cafe - Now on the complete opposite end of the spectrum, this place has AWESOME burgers. Best one I've had in Atlanta. And I get the turkey burger a lot too, which is equally as delicious as the regular burgers. There is also "U.S. Cafe Express" if you're interested in crinkle fries (and I am). It's a little place in a strip mall, but do not be fooled by the appearance. Inside lurk delicious hamburgers!
3.) Pano's and Paul's - this is one swanky, fancy place (surprisingly also located in a strip mall) that you should definitely go to on a special occasion. My husband and I went there on our anniversary and not only did we have a delicious meal, but they also gave us free dessert with "Happy Anniversary" spelled out in chocolate. Sweet! It's fancy traditional American food and the service there is also great without making you feel uncomfortable. Try the creme brulee.
4.) Bob's Kabob's - Awesome name, right? This place used to be off Paces Ferry Road in the Kroger shopping center, but has now moved up to Barrett Parkway, so we don't get up there as much. But it is so delicious and the owner makes me laugh. He serves exactly what the name of the restaurant says - kabobs! Steak kabobs, chicken kabobs, swordfish kabobs - now I sound like Bubba from Forrest Gump. The chicken kabobs with the tzatziki sauce are great!
5.) Mediterranean Cafe - holy cow, this place is SO GOOD. I just recently found out about it, though I know it's been around for awhile. It's in Midtown, kind of where 10th and Monroe meet. But there are other locations too - one in Decatur too I think. Anyway - get the vegetarian plate - best hummus I've ever had. Also comes with falafel, baba ganouj, tabouli and a little salad. Oh, and the gyro's are also delicious as are the greek potatoes you can get on the side - don't miss those.
There are so many more restaurants in Atlanta that I love, but those will be my top 5 for now. If anyone else would like to post their faves, do it! I love to hear about restaurants in other cities, in case I visit one day.
2 comments:
um...why hasn't brenda taken me to that mediterranean cafe?? that sounds heavenly...
In case you hadn't noticed, Brenda is sort of selfish. Oh, hi Brenda! I didn't know you read my blog! :) But it is so delicious and you should definitely go next time you're in Atlanta!
Post a Comment