Monday, May 21, 2007

A Walk to Forget...err Remember.


In October I'll be participating in the Atlanta 3 Day Breast Cancer Walk and so I've been training for the past oh, 3 weeks I would say. So far it's all been roses and sunshine, minus the getting up early every morning, but the roses and sunshine went out the window this Saturday. I don't know if it's because I'm old or my body's getting used to it, I'm walking incorrectly, or d.) all of the above. But, I am currently experiencing what I will call a "belt of pain" that is aptly named because it sits pretty much where a belt would. My abdomen and lower back are not friends of mine right now. This could be due to the fact that I walked 5 miles on Saturday and then went to a wedding where I danced, in HEELS, for about 2 hours. It's like I was asking for muscle pain. But I think it's my body getting used to walking/cross-training everyday, so I'm hoping that eventually this will get better. I've also considered that I might need to do additional stretching or perhaps crunches/back exercises and perhaps that will help. I love crunches about as much as I love the CW though, which if you know me, is not very much (darn you CW for canceling Veronica Mars! A plague on your network!!).

Anyway, I'll be sure to keep you updated on the state of my "belt of pain". I know you are dying to know. So far, Myoflex and Aleve have been my BFF's. Oh, and if you, my faithful readers, know of anyone who would like to donate to my walk in October, consider this a shameless plug for that because I'm including the link to my website below. I'll be walking 60 miles in 3 days, in honor of my grandmother.

http://www.the3day.org/atlanta07/jburns

PS - I particularly enjoyed this picture because of the lightning bolts. I think it really captures the pain this woman must be enduring. And because maybe it will make you think I'm as muscular as she is.

1 comment:

Michelle Taft said...

My body is falling apart too! Isn't getting old great?
Congrats on the trianing and good luck on the walk you crazy girl1