
I need a bumper sticker that says this. One of the things in life that makes me angry and flushed as soon as I witness it is someone throwing a cigarette out of their car while driving down the road. Really? You don't have an ashtray in there that you can use?? Because I really think you do. Every time I see it, it just makes me upset. You don't want to leave cigarette butts in your car, but you will throw them out of your window and litter the streets with them? That's awesome. Really. Maybe there's some other reason that makes more sense as to why people do this, but if there is, I'm not aware of it. Please enlighten me if so.
Along those same lines - I was in line at the drive-thru the other day and witnessed a lady get her drink, open her straw and promptly toss the straw paper out of her window. In addition to the world not being your ashtray, it is also not your trashcan! What the heck? Are you that lazy? Didn't you learn when you were like 3, to pick up after yourself? That's just lazy and irresponsible. It's like people are living in their own little world with no regard for what goes on around them. It's very disconcerting.
Aren't we all supposed to be good stewards of the earth? Am I making that up? I think at the very least, not littering the streets with trash and cigarette butts is a step in the right direction.
End ranting diatribe.
3 comments:
If I had one, I would send this bumper sticker to you today for your birthday.
Happy Birthday!
Hey thanks! I might just make the bumper sticker myself. :)
I witnessed the second scenario yesterday as I drove my son through McDonald's for "chicken and fries". The worst part about it was, a few feet past the window was a trash can specifically placed there to contain such trash. How am I supposed to teach my kids not to be litter bugs when they see “grown-ups” litter all the time!
Post a Comment