Monday, December 17, 2012

Brusha Brusha Brusha

The girls first trip to the dentist was infinitely less dramatic and scarring than I thought it would be.  Hooray!  Both did an excellent job and did just what Karla, the friendly neighborhood hygienist, asked.  And even got BACK in the chair when Dr. Berger (who they call Dr. Hamburger - of course) came in to give them the final once-over.  Holler! 

Tyler and I have prayed that our children would get my teeth and his eyes, therefore avoiding braces & glasses in adolescence.  That's not too much to ask, right?  I'm not sure our thumb-sucker will escape the braces, as she has already been referred to an orthodontist, but I'm saying my prayers that if we nip this in the bud while she's young, maybe we can avoid it!  Shockingly, Dr. B did not take me up on my offer to come to my house and get my 3 year old to stop sucking her thumb.  Hmph.  However, BOTH kiddos were told they had very little plaque and tartar build-up.  Score. 

Here are a few pics I took to commemorate the occasion.  Also, they got prizes at the end.  When prizes are involved, it's a good day. 

Kate actually volunteered to go first!

No big whoop, Mom.

Nervous giggling

Dr. B checking out the bite

I'm sorry, what?  I have to stop sucking my thumb?  I don't understand.

No comments: