Friday, April 6, 2012

Field Trip Friday: Botantical Gardens Edition

I have lived in Atlanta for 11 years (um, whoa) and had never been to the Botanical Gardens until last week.  I'm a sorry excuse for an Atlantan.  However, the girls and I were able to go along with some friends on our weekly "Field Trip Friday" jaunt and had a great/exhausting time running around.  The gardens are beautiful! 

AND - I discovered that Kate may be over her aversion to sand.  We started with baby steps at the Children's Museum where they have that cool Moon Sand that doesn't stick to anything.  She loves it.  They had a sand area at the Gardens and she actually played in it.  And didn't scream.  She wanted to wipe it off pretty quickly, but she actually had fun!  A small victory, but a victory nonetheless.  The true test will be at the beach I'm sure, but call me cautiously optimistic. 

Despite the exhaustive work of chasing around toddlers - be they running in glee or running while screaming because they don't want to ______ (*insert anything that mommy says here*) - it really is fun to see them experience all these cool trips.  We are so thankful for good friends to share said experiences with and a city that has so many excellent, learning adventures for us to go on.  Not to say that picking up rocks in our backyard is not equally entertaining.  :)  Pics below!

I really could just eat her up sometimes.  The pigtails are too much.


Me & my girlies
Fun times at the waterfall



You jump, I jump.  (into grody looking dark water with giant goldfish)


This girl likes to be on the move.
Riding in style. 



No comments: