ANYWAY.
After we got back from our Christmas travels, we did a little (read: a LOT of) laundry, re-packed our bags and hit the road. 5 hours later, we arrived at our cute little rental on Isle of Palms, dropped our stuff off and managed to pick the most expensive restaurant there for dinner. It really wasn't that bad, but we totally thought it was something different and after trying, unsuccessfully, to vacate the premises, settled in for our fancy dinner. I wish I could explain the awkwardness of it: mumbling excuses, Brenda actually turning around to leave, me breaking out into a light sweat and trying not to make eye contact with the host... But the she-crab soup? Was delicious.
Only being about 15 minutes from Charleston, we of course went into the city, walked around the Market, played in the park, ate some more crab and did some window shopping. We went to the beach. We ate in (after we finally found the oven. Don't judge. Did you know that a microwave can also double as a convection oven? Yeah, neither did we.), watched movies (maybe Eclipse, but let's pretend it was something cooler like Star Trek. Oh wait - what's that Jo? That's what you wanted to watch? Pipe down, buddy. Edward & Bella 4EVER), drank Jingle Juice and and hot chocolate and just relaxed and hung out.
Was that the longest run-on sentence ever?
All this to say, we had a great time! And here's hoping that Brenda and Jo don't refuse to travel with us anymore because Kate refused to sleep at night. You still want to travel with us...right guys?
Guys?
*Tap tap.....is this thing on?*
PICTURES!
![]() |
| This may be one of my favorite pictures of Elle. She loved running up and down the side porch of the house. |
| Kate enjoying the beach! |
| A motley crew. Oh look, Elle's running up and down the porch. Imagine that! |
![]() |
| I could squeeze her to pieces. |
![]() |
| Love this picture of Charlotte. She totally stopped and posed for me. |
| Burns' Family pic |



2 comments:
That was an excellent recap of our trip!! I especially liked reliving our first night's dinner experience & standing by the movie choice! :)
We had a great time with the Burns family. We would travel with you again anytime. Even with sweet Kate who on day 5 really started to warm up to me. Love them both!
What's jingle juice? Do you like how I post comments only when I'm confused linguistically? If this is another gross mom thing, please feel free to just leave it at that. However, if it is a delicious cocktail, by all means, please share. I love that picture of Elle, too. Don't be jealous, but I did get to spend some quality time with Stephen STUCKEY Harris on the plane to New Awlins from Phoenix. Good times! Jessica really wants to meet your girls. I told her they were of course AWESOME. But, now, they are walking completely independently, running, it seems, so that's amazing.
Post a Comment