Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Thanksgiving

Wow, I'm really doing an excellent job with the holiday posts.  And now, just in time for Christmas....it's Thanksgiving!!!

*crickets*

I know, sorry folks.  We did, however, have a wonderful Thanksgiving with both sides of our family.  My mom made a DELICIOUS meal for us on Thursday that all of us, including Elle & Kate, loved.  Mom, I heart your squash casserole.  I contributed a pumpkin and chocolate pie.  They were both tasty, though my meringue leaves something to be desired.*

We had a super fun visit with Grandbob, Mimi, Uncle Preston & Gabby.   There's nothing like being home for the holidays.  *Cue The Carpenters*  But really, there's nothing like it.

Believe it or not, this is pre-turkey.  Elle must have been resting up for the feast to come.  Also, Tyler?  You're cute.

Kate thinks Uncle P rocks.  And his MacBook too.

Gabby doing what Gabby's do best - soothing a fussy baby (in this case, Kate)

If anyone is wondering what to get Elle or Kate for Christmas, might I recommend a dog crate?  They had ENDLESS amounts of fun playing with it.
Having fun....

....at Mimi & Grandbob's
 And while we were in Franklin, we were able to visit The Porters & meet baby Anna for the first time!  She's such a doll.  And Tyler and I couldn't believe how teeny she was.  It seems like forever ago that Elle & Kate were that small and we totally thought we were going to break her.
Hello, Gorgeous!
Oh, look!  It's Anna and her favorite Aunt Jen.  :)

We headed to Huntsville on Friday for Thanksgiving part 2 and the Iron Bowl.  Enter more delicious food, fun family time and the most animated I think I've ever seen Tyler during a football game.  He has come a long way since our days in Media Relations at Auburn when we weren't allowed to cheer during the games at all.  War Eagle.   

Elle is ready for the big game.
Add Kate has already staked out her seat.

Kate being silly in her reindeer antlers at Grandma & Bill's house.
Cousins!
Having fun at Papa & Coco's.  Also...need another gift idea for Elle & Kate?  USPS boxes. 
 We had a great Thanksgiving all around.  Elle & Kate had such fun - it's amazing how much they've changed and grown since last Thanksgiving.  And can I just say how thankful I am that we are surrounded by such wonderful family on both sides?  It's such a blessing.  They are such a blessing.  I love 'em all and can't wait for Christmas.  Which, due to the lateness of this post, is in 4 days.  Well done.

So, Happy Thanksgiving!  And, more appropriately, MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

*Special thanks to Papa of Papa & Coco for the chocolate pie recipe.  He is the king of chocolate pies.

No comments: