Kate and Elle are 1. ONE! Did this happen when I wasn't looking? I can't believe it. I remember in the hazy days of early mommyhood feeling like I was walking and moving so slowly through the days. And then I blinked and it's 12 months later and my sweet girls are now 1.
Elle and Kate had a fun weekend full of celebrating with family, eating cake, subsequently taking baths, opening presents and ignoring them in favor of the AWESOME tissue and wrapping paper they came in and, in general, being the belle's of the ball.
Here are a few highlights:
 |
| Kate in her fancy birthday PJ's - complete with a little belly showing and a Grandbob hiding. |
 |
Elle doing a little light reading in her new big girl chair.
|
 |
| Kate |
 |
| Morning storytime with GGM (Great Grandmother)! |
 |
| Boy, do we love our birthday tutu's, Mom. I mean, really. Give us the cake, already. |
 |
| Kate is already practicing her ballerina moves. First, tiptoes. Next....JAZZ HANDS. |
 |
| Mimi got the pink memo and coordinated nicely with Elle! |
 |
| Kate and Uncle Preston. Or, as we like to call him, Uncle Text. He hearts text messaging. And his nieces. |
 |
| The bday girls with Papa and Coco! |
 |
| Present time! |
 |
| Kate loving her new quilt from Grandma Burns. Please note Elle in bottom of the frame, playing with the tissue paper. Tissue paper was her life that day. |
 |
| My name is Elle. And my motto is "Face First." |
 |
| Much to our surprise, Kate took a slightly less aggressive approach to her cake*. She loved the strawberry icing. |
 |
| And Elle? Well, I think you can tell which icing was her favorite. |
*Please don't be jealous of my wicked cake making skills. You can't get this kind of handiwork in a bakery, folks.
All in all, a very happy birthday weekend for the girls. Topped off with an Auburn win and a visit from their BFF, Charlotte. After they came down from their sugar high, they were POOPED!
And now, for the "tender" part of the post, as Tyler would call it.
God has taught me so much through these two precious little people this last year. How to love more than I ever knew I could; how to be patient even when I feel like it's the most foreign concept in the world; that it's not all about me; how to appreciate my husband and what an amazing father he is; how to roll around on the floor again and laugh hysterically at funny faces and zerberts; how to find peace in a warm baby and a rocking chair; how to savor every moment, good and bad, because they are so fleeting and I'm going to miss them; how to take deep breaths; how to be so thankful that He blessed us specifically with these 2 precious, distinctively different and amazing souls to care for and love and teach and nurture; and how that responsibility takes my breath away each day.
Happy First Birthday, Kate and Elle! I love you so.
3 comments:
What a precious post and I love all the pictures! The tutus are so ridiculously cute and I'm so glad you had such a wonderful time celebrating!
I can't believe they are 1 already. I love the pictures and your sweet words. They are lucky to have such a wonderful mother!
Happy birthday sweet, Kate & Elle! We had so much fun celebrating with you! Thanks for being such gracious hosts & sharing your toys with Charlotte! :)
Post a Comment