Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Bible Trivia

I'm sure some of you have heard Tyler's infamous Bible trivia story. Only he can tell it as well as it should be told, but suffice it to say, it involved Noah, the F word, and a hearty dose of parental discipline. If he ever wants to be a guest blogger, I recommend that be his first post. It's high comedy.

So, when we were visiting his family this weekend, we brought Bible trivia back with us. This was prompted by my daily reading of the Bible and wanting to see if my knowledge of it was increasing. FYI - it is, but it is nowhere near where it should be if I ever wanted to play competitive Bible trivia. Luckily, I don't.

However, high comedy again ensued on the following exchange between Tyler and I as we were playing on the way back home.

Me: Why did Moses remove his shoes before approaching the burning bush?
Tyler: Because his feet were hot.

People, you couldn't pay me to write this stuff. We both laughed for about 5 miles - I even cried a little.

2 comments:

royster family said...

It was one of those moments where you think you are having an outer body experience! BTW, what is the answer to the question? Is it because he was standing on HOLY ground? I can't remember

Jen said...

Yes, that's right! I probably should have put the actual answer in the post. :)