One of the things that makes me laugh most in life is misheard song lyrics. Obviously, since the title of my blog was inspired by one. Well, I got a good laugh, and a giant snort, out of realizing that Tyler had the lyrics to the Whitesnake song, "Here I Go Again", totally wrong.Actual lyrics:
Here I go again on my own
Going down the only road I've ever known
Like a drifter, I was born to walk alone
Cause I know what it means, to walk along the street of lonely dreams.
Tyler's version, as he rocked out to it in the car:
Here I go again on my own
Going down the only road I've ever known
Like a twister I was born to walk alone
Cause I know what it means, to walk along a street that's 30 degrees.
Oh those solitary twisters, and knowing how it feels to walk down freezing streets. Now, Tyler makes me laugh everyday, but that was the hardest laugh he'd gotten from me in a while.
And, I'm always looking for a good excuse to post a picture of an 80's hair band.
3 comments:
omg. that's hilarious. you're right - gotta hate those lonely twisters.
Awesome. I had to check my Snoop Dogg lyrics before I posted them on the last post. And turns out I originally had them slightly wrong. I thought it was capital S oh yes oh fresh n double o-p. But it was actually the fresh n-double-o-p. Good thing I checked that out first or that post could've been about me. That kind of humiliation would have left me lonely as a twister on a 30 degree street.
It might run in the family. I always have lyrics to songs wrong and crack some people up with my misinterpretation. Tyler and I got the Burns genes fo sure. Although- Molly can hear a song once and know every word-don't know how.
I love you and hope you're doing okay today!
Post a Comment