Friday, January 11, 2008

4 Years and counting...

4 years ago yesterday, I married my best friend. I can hardly believe it's been 4 years already, and I can't imagine life without my sweet hubby. We had a great seafood dinner to celebrate (seriously, I think I could eat crab legs everyday for the rest of my life) and even though we sat about 6 inches from the people on either side of us (what is up with that?) we had a lovely time. So in honor of this occasion, I decided to list some of my favorite moments from our 4 years together so far.


  • Our first dance
  • Our trip to Yellowstone and laughing so hard I snorted, which then echoed throughout the entire park I think.
  • Practicing our ballroom dance moves in our living room - the lessons really paid off!
  • Our first day home with our new pup Lily
  • Walking down the streets of Charleston together
  • Sleeping in his lap the entire plane ride on the way to our Honeymoon in Cozumel. I was sick as a dog, but I felt so safe and comfortable with him. I remember it vividly to this day.
  • Our Dance Dance Revolution competitions
  • Watching him sing & air drum to "Mountain Dew" on his iPod in our hotel in Dingle, Ireland. That was a treat for everyone. And just our trip to Ireland in general.
  • Reading the letter he sent me while I was on the 3 Day walk.
  • Our trip to New York when he surprised me with tickets to Wicked.
There are so many more - but honestly, that's just boring for everyone. He makes me laugh, HARD, on a daily basis and loves me better than anything I could have prayed for. And he lets me win fights, which really, isn't that the most important thing?

Happy Anniversary, honey!

No comments: