Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Hotlanta


I just read an article and discovered that I have lived through the hottest month EVER in Atlanta. This August beat out July 1993 as the hottest month on record and gives new meaning to the nickname "Hotlanta".

I'm pretty sure that the record 8 100 degree plus days all occurred when my car's air conditioner broke and my husband and I were forced to drive it around as we waited for parts to come in. If you're looking for a good way to lose weight, I highly recommend driving around with your air conditioner turned off and just sweating it off. It got so bad that I briefly considered this. Maybe I would've gotten a few stares, but I would have saved a LOT of money.

It's hot here folks and I can't tell you how much I'm looking forward to my weekend in D.C., where it is currently 67 degrees and cloudy. Oh yeah, and some rain would be nice too.

1 comment:

Michelle Taft said...

Yikes! no air conditioning! reminds me of my apartment in july when i was pregnant with my first!
we actually had our hottest month ever last month (if we don't beat it out this month) so i feel your pain. BUT we don't have the humidity!
enjoy your getaway!